Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Group Exercise in Physical Education Part 2

So I finally taught my group exercise session in my PE class. As said before, everyone was NOT excited about it. As I was going through the class I had to continually try to motivate people to not give up and keep pushing on. At times many people just stood around and looked at me like I was crazy. If I did see someone just give up, I would try to go over and give encouragement to keep them moving.

The unexpected happened at the end of class. Many people came up to me to ask when and where I teach these group fitness classes because they enjoyed it. It was rewarding to know that at least some people found what I taught to be beneficial and that it was not just a complete waste of my time. I was very discouraged last week when this entire ordeal went down, but now after having people actually appreciate what I was trying to show them it made it all worth while.

My intention in the end was not to kill everyone in this group exercise session, but to show people of another option that can be done in physical education. With the curriculum focusing more on lifetime physical activity, this is something that can be done for a lifetime if you just introduce it. Of course it would not be to the intensity that I put the class through, but any type of group fitness environment is a great aspect to incorporate in physical education.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Jen once again thanks for the exercise regimen, I was unable to walk at a normal pace for close to two full days afterward. Awesome workout though I was a little upset with just how bad that beat me up but all in all it was well done (golf clap).

    ReplyDelete